- What documentation do I need to bring?
All drivers must be present on collection of the vehicle and must bring with them:
- Their photo card driving licence. If the driving licence is an old style non photo card paper licence we also require some valid photo I.D (for example passport). Please note that we must be notified one working day in advance if the hirer holds a non UK drivers licence. Non UK licence holders or hirers with a non UK address must also bring a valid passport.
- Some recent proof of address, such as a bank statement or a utility bill. This must be dated within the last 90 days. Please note that mobile phone bills are NOT acceptable.
- Their National Insurance Number ORa DVLA check code OR their printed licence details which can be retrieved from https://www.gov.uk/view-driving-licence (licence details must be printed within 72 hours before vehicle collection).
- Do I need to pay a deposit?
Yes, we take a deposit of £100, which is refundable providing the vehicle is not damaged in any way whilst it is on hire. Your deposit, or part thereof, may be retained if you cause damage to the vehicle, if you smoke in the vehicle, if you cancel the booking within 72 hours (see question 16) or if you fail to replace the fuel before returning the vehicle. Please note that this list is not exhaustive. £50 of the deposit is payable upon booking, with the remaining £50 payable when you collect the vehicle, along with the hire fee. The deposit will be returned back to the debit/credit card that was used to pay once the vehicle has been inspected by a member of staff.
- Does the vehicle come with a full tank of fuel?
Yes. The vehicle will be provided with a full tank of fuel, we ask that you return the vehicle with a full tank of fuel. We are conveniently located next to a petrol station to make it easy for you to fill the tank before returning the vehicle to us. If the vehicle is not returned with a full tank of fuel, the cost of refuelling will be deducted from your deposit.
- What payment methods do you accept?
Full payment must be made on a credit or debit card and electronic transfer only. We do not accept American Express.
- What is included in the rental cost?
The rental costs includes VAT and insurance for one driver.
- Am I liable for any insurance excess?
Yes. In the event of any damage or theft claim on the vehicle or any third party claim made against our insurance policy. The excess is up to the value of £1250. The hirer remains responsible for punctures and negligent damage (e.g. kerbed wheels or tyres, damage to upholstery, cigarette burns, damage to aerials and mirrors etc.) The hirer is responsible for any mechanical repairs caused by failure to heed warning lights and gauges. Damage to any vehicle above windscreen height is the full responsibility of the hirer.
- Can I return the vehicle out of hours?
No, unfortunately, there is no parking facility outside of hours as our car park is secured when we are closed. Please see our opening hours for further information. However we are open 7 days a week and are quite flexible to suit your needs.
- I have endorsements on my driving licence, is this ok?
If the drivers have any points/endorsements on their driving licence within the last 5 years they will need to call and notify us prior to the rental.
- Do I need a special licence to be able to drive a minibus above a 9 seater?
Drivers of minibuses over 9 seats need to have category D1 on their driving licence.
- What age do I need to be to hire?
Hirers need to be aged between 21 & 75 for private cars and 69 for all other vehicles. Any hirer over 69 may also be able to hire from us but they need to be referred on an individual basis to our insurer for clearance.
Please see below table for more detailed age restrictions.
|AGE||CARS & VANS||MINIBUSES, MPV|
|Must have held FULL licence for at least TWO years.||CANNOT HIRE|
|Must have NO convictions|
|Excess up to £1500|
|23-24||Must have held FULL licence for at least TWO years.||CANNOT HIRE|
|Excess up to £1500|
|25+||Must have held FULL licence for at least 12 months.||Must have held FULL licence for at least 12 months.|
|Excess up to £1250|
- How long are your hire periods?
The hire period is calculated on a 24hr basis, usually from 8.30am or 5.30pm. Rental times can be adjusted to suit individual needs subject to availability.
- Can I leave my car with you when I collect my rental vehicle?
Yes, we have a small car park on site and a secure compound just minutes from our office.
- Can we have more than one driver?
Yes. Insurance for additional drivers is charged at £10 per day per driver. All drivers must bring the relevant documentation (see question 1.) and be present upon collection of the vehicle.
- Do you run a vehicle drop off service?
No. Vehicles must be collected and returned from our site at Colne Road, Kelbrook.
- Can vehicles be taken overseas?
Yes, selected vehicles only. Customers wanting to drive overseas must be aged between 25 & 70 inclusive, and had a full driving licence for 2 years. The vehicle must also be fully covered for European insurance and breakdown cover. Please contact the office for a quotation or for more details.
- Do you have a cancellation policy?
If you wish to cancel your booking within 72 hours of your rental, you will incur a cancellation charge of £50. If you cancel within 24 hours you will be charged the booking deposit and a full days rental.
- I have an international drivers licence and/or have an overseas address, is this ok?
Please notify us of this at least 24 hours before your rental. You will need to ensure you bring your full drivers licence plus your passport.